My Etsy Shop

Friday, May 20, 2011

DIY Walls

So I have a new project I am starting ~ re-painting my office's walls!  Since this room doubles as a playroom and craftroom for the girls I really want to create a whimsical space that we all can use and enjoy.  The room is a little tricky to paint, it is located over our garage and has slanted walls/ceilings on both sides. Last year I added built-in's to the entire front of the room which I love and currently the ceiling is robin's egg blue and the walls are a beige (not the most exciting).  I have been thinking about stenciling the walls for a long time, it was only a matter of finding the right stencil ~ and I think I have! 
I purchased this stencil from Olive Leaf Stencils on Etsy, it is currently laying out with books on top of it to be sure it is flat before I begin stenciling Sunday or Monday.   My plan is to keep the walls the beige and then stencil on the birch trees in white.  I am going to stencil them up both the straight and slanted portions of the walls and I may add in some handpainted touches as well.  My husband thinks this may be a bit to much as the trees are so close together, I might space it out a bit and I go over some the the trees in solid white here and there to change it up.  I may also omit some of the smaller branches here and there.  We'll just have to see what happens.  I will take some pictures of my office before and in the process and update my blog with my progress as well as some how-to tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment