Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Saturday, June 11, 2011
Thursday, June 9, 2011
What could be more a perfect theme for a boys & girls birthday party than a zoo!?! Right off the bat I can think of lots of fun classic activities such as pin the tail on the donkey or you could use any number animals such as an elephant, giraffe, hippo, etc...
I love, love, love this cake ~ isn't it just adorable!?
Or, if cupcakes are more your thing, these serve as both dessert and (with the plastic critters on top) gifts for your party goers!
As for decor, if price is no issue you need to check out these amazing wall decals, they would look amazing, and they are removable, after the party they can go in your child's bedroom or playroom!
A bit more affordabe but just a wonderful are the following zoo animal party decorations from 62Cards
|Super cute paper straws ~ I love these!|
DIY Party Supplies
Perfect Party Favors
Who could possibly resist these fabulously cute recycled crayons from Ivy Lane Designs.
Or how about these fabulous soaps from SunBasilGarden
Cake pops anyone? Visit Cake Pop Shoppe's shop for more of their fantastic Cake Pops!
Here are just a few cute party game ideas for your little zoo!
1. Pin the tail on the Donkey (or other critter)
2. Research on the internet to see if you can get a few animals to your party for a petting zoo, such as a farm or petting zoo in your area that may have a program.
3. Pony rides
4. Supply paperplates, paints, markers, glue, glitter, feathers, etc to your guests to have them each create their own zoo animal mask. Ahead of time cut out eye holes and glue a large craft stick (popsicle sticks) to the bottom.
Here are some more detailed instructions should you want them!
5. Hire a face painter ~ often times you can hire a local babysitter or artist for this task. Have each guest painted up as their favorite zoo animal.
6. Set up a backdrop with signs pointing to the "petting zoo", hire a photographer or if you or another family member are up to it take pictures of each "animal" in the petting zoo with their face paint!
Here is a sign by TheBackPorchShoppe, this particular sign is for a wedding but she makes custom signs so picture this saying petting zoo! I have ordered from her before and her signs are gorgeous and the best quality possible!
Leave your zoo party ideas in the comments section, I would love to hear them!